“It’s not what we gather, but rather what we scatter that defines our life.” – Jon Francis
Thursday, November 14, is Give to the Max Day. It’s a great opportunity to be generous on-line to support the unique and vital mission of the Jon Francis Foundation.
You can visit: https://www.givemn.org/story/
Please know how deeply grateful we are for your presence and generosity. Your support makes our work possible. For 11 years, now you have carried us forward to financial sustainability, national recognition and significant mission accomplishment.
Since founding The Jon Francis Foundation in 2007:
- To resolve unresolved loss, we have completed over 40 family engagements (guidance, grief support, missing person searches) in 18 states and Canada.
- Sadly, the need persists. People continue to go out into the wild and are lost and injured.
- In the last year, six (6) families have reached out to JFF to ask for our help in their missing person tragedy.
- JFF is providing ongoing aftercare to several families.
- To prevent wilderness accidents, injury and death, JFF has placed life-saving information and devices in the hands of over 5000 people and gave 70 presentations to more than 3000 people to keep them safe in the backcountry.
- Hundreds of people (families, children, and adults) have attended Camp Jon - our free, fun and hands-on wilderness safety training camp and learned how to go safely into the backcountry and find enjoyment in nature.
Your gift is tax deductible and greatly appreciated. The Jon Francis Foundation is a Minnesota nonprofit corporation and IRS 501(C) (3) charity. Our EIN is 20-8188863.
We are able to honor Jon’s life and memory and to bring some good from his loss because you care and offer generous help. Thank you!
The Jon Francis Foundation is dedicated to saving lives through wilderness safety education,
empowering families who have suffered the loss of an adult loved one in the wilderness
and advocating for legal protection for missing adults.