Wilderness Safety Training at Joe’s Sporting Goods
Tuesday, April 11th 2017
Joes Sporting Goods
33 East County Road B, St Paul
Basic Wilderness Safety is a hands on class to help outdoor enthusiasts, camping families and those who enjoy hunting and fishing to learn the basics of backcountry and wilderness safety.
Coursework includes equipment and clothing, the “Ten Essentials”, wilderness preparedness, accident avoidance, what to do if you get lost and avoiding the hazards of nature.
Training will include:
- The ten essentials for wilderness survival
- Latest safety recommendations from the National Parks Ranger Association
- Problem-solve emergency scenarios
- Planning check-lists for your next outdoor adventure
- Safety & First Aid items at Joe’s.
The Jon Francis Foundation (JFF) and Joe’s Sporting Goods are partnering to provide FREE and valuable basic wilderness safety training for families, adults and children.
The Jon Francis Foundation is the community’s most knowledgeable source for wilderness safety education.
All participants will receive a FREE water bottle with basic safety supplies!
Register to win a free $50 gift certificate from Joe's Sporting Goods!!